Non-comedogenic products are the best skincare and makeup products, but maybe this term is something new for you. In this article, I will explain to you what it means and the advantages of their use.
What is the meaning for non-comedogenic?
This term is the fancy way to explain that some products won’t cause comedones, which are pore blockages that result in acne or blackheads. A product that is labeled as non-comedogenic is supposed to contain ingredients that do not clog pores. Nowadays, many skincare and cosmetics products are produced this way to prevent any harm to the body.
There is a comedogenicity scale that will indicate the level of the ingredient from 0 to 5; if you detect that several components in your products are labeled 4 or 5 in this measurement system, stop using them. Options between 1 and 3 are good to use, but this will depend on your skin. Remember that you must know your body before trying a new product.
To understand the scale, follow this guideline:
- Several alternatives with oil that has a comedogenic rating of 0 are labeled as non-comedogenic, normally they won’t clog your pores.
- Oil rated as a 1 signifies a slight chance that it will clog your pores.
- A comedogenic product rating of 2 still indicates that it won’t clog pores; but for some people with sensitive skin, these products may do it.
- The rating of 3 is where a lot of people will break out using skincare items with comedogenic ingredients, but others won’t have problems with them.
- Options rating of 4 suggests that MOST users will have pores clogged using them unless they have a good tolerance for it. But, as usual, there are many factors involved in this.
- A comedogenic rating of 5 is a component that will block your pores, and few people can’t tolerate them. They are included in many choices, so you must be very attentive on what you are using.
Why should you use non-comedogenic products?
If your body is too sensitive and delicate, better to look out for non-comedogenic items; this will ensure a healthy skin acne-free. Also, pay attention to the ingredients of your favorite products, maybe you will need to change them. Moisturizing and skin-soothing ingredients like jojoba oil, squalane, and allantoin are perfect examples of non-comedogenic components, so next time you will be going for new skincare purchases check the ones with those indications.
Facebook: Dora Salazar