Water is one of the most important elements on the planet; without it, life cannot exist. Our bodies consist of 60% of water, but because several normal body functions this percentage can change, that is the reason why the organism is constantly asking to replenish the losing liquid.
However, it is not just to replenish that percentage; drinking water helps the body cells to function correctly, and everything goes smoothly on the body. One of the group of cells that benefits more from it are the ones of the skin; these cells need constant hydration to look healthy and fulfill its main function: protect the other systems and organs.
The correct amount of water
Everybody says that you should drink at least 8 glasses per day, but is it this total correct? Actually, it is right, but that can vary and it will depend of the individual metabolism, and of course the diet because there is a lot of water-rich food that contributes to the proper hydration.
Instead of looking to the amount, just follow these guidelines that the own body will provide:
- Just drink when you are truly thirsty.
- If you practice any kind of exercise or sport, the amount must be higher.
- If the day is particular hotter or you live in a hotter place, water is a must and you will need to drink more to replenish the lost.
- The urine can indicate if you are dehydrated; if it is darker than light-yellow, start drinking: you will need it.
Beauty benefits of drinking water
Many people don’t like to drink plain water, but even drinking juices or flavored water won’t give you all the benefits that normal and plain water can. There are tons of benefits for the body, but when it comes to beauty, hair, nails and skin are the ones that get the best benefits.
Many times we are observing those long, shining, and healthy hair that everybody envies, but for that drinking water is essential. When the body is starting feeling dehydrated, it will save the remaining water to protect the vital organs, that means that you can start losing hair, or it won’t look healthy and shining. So, if you want beautiful hair, water is the top thing on the list; besides, all the products and treatments.
This liquid is essential to have strong, natural and long nails. Weak and breakable nails are no longer a problem if you take the right amount per day. Soon you will be showing beautiful patrons and designs on your strong nails.
Using serum and creams are important to contribute to skin health, but the most effective and natural serum that you will find is water. With it, cells start working to provide a younger and fresh look without a lot of effort. Of course, age is important, but having a good drinking habit and avoid strong and dark drinks contributes to maintaining the body.
With the correct hydration, you can keep at bay breakouts and blemishes. People that suffer from strong acne problems tend to drink less water than people with healthier skin. It also helps to prevent and recover quickly after a weekend on the beach or pool.
With all these benefits is more than understandable the reason why doctors are always telling to drink water. And it is one of the easiest beauty products to find. Just remember to save it and never waste it. This element is important for every living being, and it makes the difference between life and death.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
In recent years, people are under too much pressure, besides balancing the different aspects of their lives. Family, job, friends, and time for yourself can be hard. Probably you can’t find time for all of these, feeling so tired that result in physical and emotional conditions.
Many of those aspects are on the way to find overall wellness, which is the state of being in good health, getting better day by day. This has several dimensions that offer different benefits for every area of your life. To find a good balance, while keeping low levels of stress and emotional problems, you must work on each of the seven dimensions.
Seven dimensions of overall wellness
It can look difficult to maintain all the paths, plus all your responsibilities and demands, but having discipline wanting to take care of yourself will reward you with overall wellness. Learn all about the seven dimensions!
- Physical wellness: this one is of course about your body. Exercise, have a good time of sleep, eat a balanced diet, and pay attention to its warnings. Your body allows you to fulfill all your activities and chores, while having all the energy for the day.
- Emotional wellness: normally, people tend to withhold their emotions, and that will never be healthy. Learning how to process and express them will help you to have a better life. Follow several tips like talking with someone that will listen to you without judging you, have a positive and optimistic attitude, practice an activity where you can release your emotions, and accepting yourself for who you are.
- Social wellness: relationships are always a huge part of your life, so nurturing and having good ones are important for your overall wellness because being sociable is part of being human. Of course, with age finding new relations can be difficult; but with different techniques, you definitely can improve your social skills. Some of them are: join groups of common grounds, try to make new friends naturally, and nourish your existing ones.
- Intellectual wellness: your brain is one of the most important organs: it will define your personality, your intelligence, and knowledge. For that single reason, it’s important to train it. Age is not an impediment to keep learning new abilities and improve the old ones. Stimulating the brain is a fun exercise and one that has great benefits for you.
- Spiritual wellness: this dimension doesn’t depend on a specific religion, but if you want to rely on one is your ultimate choice. The is more about your beliefs, faith, and values that form your character and moral guidance. In hard times, you can take a deep journey within yourself and find all the guidance and strength to keep fighting and never give up.
- Environmental wellness: it will be important to treat your surroundings and the planet in general in good ways. Protecting nature will give you a feeling of doing the right things, and make others to follow your example. Earth needs us to be more in sync with its wounds, so help it to be better will give you a sensation of being a nice person and be on the right path.
- Occupational wellness: here, you will find passion in your workplace, but this is not about to have fun on it, it’s to find realization and be happy with what you are doing, your colleagues and your workplace. There are many ways to improve this dimension, and they will depend on your job and your personality.
To have a good quality of life you must work on these dimensions and applying them on your daily routines. These are the best qualities for our overall wellness, so keep improving to become the best you!
Facebook: Dora Salazar