In recent years, people are under too much pressure, besides balancing the different aspects of their lives. Family, job, friends, and time for yourself can be hard. Probably you can’t find time for all of these, feeling so tired that result in physical and emotional conditions.
Many of those aspects are on the way to find overall wellness, which is the state of being in good health, getting better day by day. This has several dimensions that offer different benefits for every area of your life. To find a good balance, while keeping low levels of stress and emotional problems, you must work on each of the seven dimensions.
Seven dimensions of overall wellness
It can look difficult to maintain all the paths, plus all your responsibilities and demands, but having discipline wanting to take care of yourself will reward you with overall wellness. Learn all about the seven dimensions!
- Physical wellness: this one is of course about your body. Exercise, have a good time of sleep, eat a balanced diet, and pay attention to its warnings. Your body allows you to fulfill all your activities and chores, while having all the energy for the day.
- Emotional wellness: normally, people tend to withhold their emotions, and that will never be healthy. Learning how to process and express them will help you to have a better life. Follow several tips like talking with someone that will listen to you without judging you, have a positive and optimistic attitude, practice an activity where you can release your emotions, and accepting yourself for who you are.
- Social wellness: relationships are always a huge part of your life, so nurturing and having good ones are important for your overall wellness because being sociable is part of being human. Of course, with age finding new relations can be difficult; but with different techniques, you definitely can improve your social skills. Some of them are: join groups of common grounds, try to make new friends naturally, and nourish your existing ones.
- Intellectual wellness: your brain is one of the most important organs: it will define your personality, your intelligence, and knowledge. For that single reason, it’s important to train it. Age is not an impediment to keep learning new abilities and improve the old ones. Stimulating the brain is a fun exercise and one that has great benefits for you.
- Spiritual wellness: this dimension doesn’t depend on a specific religion, but if you want to rely on one is your ultimate choice. The is more about your beliefs, faith, and values that form your character and moral guidance. In hard times, you can take a deep journey within yourself and find all the guidance and strength to keep fighting and never give up.
- Environmental wellness: it will be important to treat your surroundings and the planet in general in good ways. Protecting nature will give you a feeling of doing the right things, and make others to follow your example. Earth needs us to be more in sync with its wounds, so help it to be better will give you a sensation of being a nice person and be on the right path.
- Occupational wellness: here, you will find passion in your workplace, but this is not about to have fun on it, it’s to find realization and be happy with what you are doing, your colleagues and your workplace. There are many ways to improve this dimension, and they will depend on your job and your personality.
To have a good quality of life you must work on these dimensions and applying them on your daily routines. These are the best qualities for our overall wellness, so keep improving to become the best you!
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Summer weather is fun for outside activities but to stay looking fabulous and neat in the heat becomes a bit challenging.
Hot, humid weather affects the skin and hair in many ways. The skin gets dehydrated and dull due to excessive sun exposure and sweating, high temperature activates the sebaceous glands to produce excessive sebum (oil), something actually good for dry skin but not so great for acne prone skin, since it triggers breakouts; the hair gets frizzy no matter what tool you use, and the makeup seems to melt right after you apply it.
In case you are facing one of those scenarios, here are some handy tips to put a happy face to your Summer all around, having fun and looking beautiful too:
- To make your makeup stay put, use lighter texture moisturizers during the day. Serums and lotions make a great choice. Avoid using too many layering products like primers. They contain high amounts of silicones and can make the skin feel heavy and greasy after a while and contribute to make the skin look cakey.
BB creams and tinted moisturizers with SPF are a fantastic option because they offer you: sun protection, hydration and light coverage to even out the skin tone, all in one. So right there you are avoiding the use of two extra products.
If you need more coverage in some areas, just touch them up with concealer, blend it well and then seal the makeup with a light powder to make it last longer and stand humidity. Save the full coverage foundation and more elaborated makeup for the evening when the humidity is lower.
- Switch to waterproof mascara, eyebrow pencil and eyeliner, they are made to stand water, so they will stand sweat and avoid the makeup from bleeding.
- Healthy skin comes from within and you can add extra protection from UV rays consuming foods rich in antioxidants, beta carotene, minerals and bioflavonoids to boost the natural defenses and repairing mechanisms of the body. Here are some fabulous ones to add to your diet:
Carrots, tomatoes, dark Chocolate, Leafy Greens, Kiwi, Oranges, Green tea, Watermelon, Berries.
- After spending time in the sun, chlorine and salt water; your hair may be frizzy and brittle. Use a hydrating mask once a week to restore dryness and repair the hair cuticle. Good oils like jojoba, argan and coconut make great hair masks. Spray the hair with water first to make it damp and then apply the oil. This will increase absorption. Leave it on for 20 to 30 min and then wash the hair as usual.
- Choose hair care products with UV and color protection to prevent discoloration.
- To fight frizz, look for products designed to straighten the hair they fill in the spaces in the hair cuticle making it smoother and shiny.
- Give your skin some love and nourishment. Include in your skincare routine ingredients that support what the skin needs during these hot and humid days. Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid are two crucial ingredients that help re-energize the skin, giving the skin beautiful radiance and restoring hydration.
Vitamin C is essential in the production of collagen contributing to improve the skin’s elasticity and firmness. It also works as skin brightener, making the skin look more even and giving it a healthy glow.
Hyaluronic acid holds 1,000 times its weight in water. It bursts the skin with hydration and gives the skin a smooth and fresh appearance. Our Zkin Fix serum contains these two key ingredients among many others to help your skin keep up with the challenging demands of Summer weather.
- Keep a soothing toner in your handbag, rose water for example, and spray the mist throughout the day, it helps maintain the skin refreshed and hydrated and it can be sprayed even over makeup.
- Exfoliate at least once a week with a good scrub to eliminate dead skin cells and residual product left on the skin. It is also a fundamental step if you use self-tanning products helping the tan last longer.
A simple one for the body; easy to make at home, is a mix of brown sugar, olive oil, honey and a few drops of lemon. Rub it gently and then remove with warm water and proceed to shower as usual. Apply a body cream right after showering for silky smooth skin.
- Use sunscreen daily. Dermatologists recommend using an SPF of 30 or higher. Prolonged sun exposure can lead to irreversible damage, photo-aging (wrinkles, sun spots, etc), and increases the risk of getting skin cancer even without a sunburn.
For regular use, select a lighter texture sunscreen; especially, if makeup is going to be worn over it.For longer hours of sun expose choose a higher SPF such a 50 or 50+ , a water-resistant is a smart pick for sports and outdoor activities and always remember to reapply the product every 2 hours.
Have a Fun and Safe Summer!
Until next time,
Founder of Zkin Fix Skincare
Product Reference Information