Yoga has become the physical activity preferred for so many women because of the endless benefits that you will experience with it. It helps to reduce stress, tiredness, and even sleep problems, besides giving you a healthy body. But do you know that it can improve your skin?
Yes, this practice improves so many different aspects of your organism that one of the final results is glowing and healthy skin. At the same time, you will feel good about yourself and your surroundings, thanks to the release of good hormones that automatically changes your emotions and reactions.
Benefits of practicing yoga
Here I will show you the different benefits that yoga has, but just remember to have a safe practice and consult with a professional in the area, to fully understand how it works.
To have good circulation in veins and arteries, and a healthy heart, you must move. Even when it can look slow and boring, this sport increases blood flow and heart rate with different movements and positions. A bad circulation raises the risk of heart problems, and you will feel tired and without energy, which contributes to dry skin and hair loss.
This is highly important for skin, because the oxygen flow gets rid of free radicals and other toxins from the body. The free radicals are behind the loss of collagen and elastin that are responsible for aging expressions like wrinkles and facial lines.
Certain positions help with the natural process of digestion, just wait a couple of hours after the meal to go to the class. The deep breathing exercises also help with it, reducing the bloated feeling. With good digestion, the nutrients will find the correct place, and skin will have a good look.
Yoga is a great way to reduce stress levels because it helps to forget work, house, and other issues, you must highly concentrate on the movements. Besides, it helps you to get better sleep and feel calm and happy.
Stress and daily routines are a detonator for an imbalance among the different hormones that are you in your body. Others are your monthly cycle, but this sport is a great way to control both, and hormones will not play strange games with your body and emotions. Skin will benefit from this because a good distribution will give you a good and healthy aspect.
Now, you can find new techniques like facial yoga, movements especially created for the face. These exercises are amazing for the face muscles and the skin there. You can practice them in the morning and before bed to start seeing results, giving you a youthful appearance.
Increase your energy
Yoga will increase your energy levels, giving you the opportunity to perform every activity scheduled for that day with 100% effort. Productivity will improve, and every single task will look like normal and easy to finish. This boost will also help with your feelings when you are full of energy you will feel happy and at ease.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
A hydrated skin is the perfect way to show that you are a healthy person, but for so many reasons sometimes the largest organ of the body does not get the correct hydrating or moisturizing, which are not the same. There are no differences between men and women when you are talking about skin; both will need care and treatments, so today I will show some tips to get hydrated skin.
Difference between hydrating and moisturizing
Both treatments are entirely different; products are called hydrators and moisturizers, hence for them the primary objective is to help the skin, to get the necessary water to avoid the dryness and dehydration. However to reach this goal they use different ways, showing why the skin sometimes needs both treatments.
- Hydrating: it refers to the water that is contained in the cells, allowing them to show a healthy look on the skin. If the cells reduce the level of water, it is going to start the dehydration process. Hydrators work by giving water to the cells while helping the skin to absorb moisture and nutrients.
- Moisturizing: the products for moisture have the single job of helping the skin create the protecting barrier by trapping nutrients and moisture. This barrier will prevent water loss and will give a healthy, soft and smooth look to the skin.
Now that you know the difference, you must understand how your skin looks to choose the best treatment or if you will need both of them.
Tips to get a hydrated skin
With the difference clarified, let’s get to the tips on how to maintain a hydrated skin. Are you ready to give your skin a new look?
- Practice the exfoliation to prepare the skin for better hydration or moisture by removing the dead cells, that way the nutrients and water will be absorbed without problems.
- Use serums with the correct ingredients to increase the skin hydration such as hyaluronic acid, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, aloe, glycerin, among others.
- Start to love the moisturizing creams because they seal the serums hydration, thanks to containing lipids like ceramides and fatty acids; just remember to use the right one for your skin type.
- You can also make use of intensive treatments such as facials; these will give another look to the skin while using natural ingredients.
- Drink enough water. Many of us don’t drink water in the right way; it isn’t about drinking liquids; you must drink plenty of water to get the correct hydration.
- Have a balanced diet rich in minerals like omegas, especially omega 3.
As you can see, having a healthy and hydrated skin is not a difficult task; with healthy habits and effort your skin will feel soft, smooth, and most important, hydrated. Give your skin the same care like the rest of your body.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
In recent years, people are under too much pressure, besides balancing the different aspects of their lives. Family, job, friends, and time for yourself can be hard. Probably you can’t find time for all of these, feeling so tired that result in physical and emotional conditions.
Many of those aspects are on the way to find overall wellness, which is the state of being in good health, getting better day by day. This has several dimensions that offer different benefits for every area of your life. To find a good balance, while keeping low levels of stress and emotional problems, you must work on each of the seven dimensions.
Seven dimensions of overall wellness
It can look difficult to maintain all the paths, plus all your responsibilities and demands, but having discipline wanting to take care of yourself will reward you with overall wellness. Learn all about the seven dimensions!
- Physical wellness: this one is of course about your body. Exercise, have a good time of sleep, eat a balanced diet, and pay attention to its warnings. Your body allows you to fulfill all your activities and chores, while having all the energy for the day.
- Emotional wellness: normally, people tend to withhold their emotions, and that will never be healthy. Learning how to process and express them will help you to have a better life. Follow several tips like talking with someone that will listen to you without judging you, have a positive and optimistic attitude, practice an activity where you can release your emotions, and accepting yourself for who you are.
- Social wellness: relationships are always a huge part of your life, so nurturing and having good ones are important for your overall wellness because being sociable is part of being human. Of course, with age finding new relations can be difficult; but with different techniques, you definitely can improve your social skills. Some of them are: join groups of common grounds, try to make new friends naturally, and nourish your existing ones.
- Intellectual wellness: your brain is one of the most important organs: it will define your personality, your intelligence, and knowledge. For that single reason, it’s important to train it. Age is not an impediment to keep learning new abilities and improve the old ones. Stimulating the brain is a fun exercise and one that has great benefits for you.
- Spiritual wellness: this dimension doesn’t depend on a specific religion, but if you want to rely on one is your ultimate choice. The is more about your beliefs, faith, and values that form your character and moral guidance. In hard times, you can take a deep journey within yourself and find all the guidance and strength to keep fighting and never give up.
- Environmental wellness: it will be important to treat your surroundings and the planet in general in good ways. Protecting nature will give you a feeling of doing the right things, and make others to follow your example. Earth needs us to be more in sync with its wounds, so help it to be better will give you a sensation of being a nice person and be on the right path.
- Occupational wellness: here, you will find passion in your workplace, but this is not about to have fun on it, it’s to find realization and be happy with what you are doing, your colleagues and your workplace. There are many ways to improve this dimension, and they will depend on your job and your personality.
To have a good quality of life you must work on these dimensions and applying them on your daily routines. These are the best qualities for our overall wellness, so keep improving to become the best you!
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Many women have a beauty routine and the face becomes one of the most precious parts. The products that you would use on it must be made of the best ingredients; however, many of us don’t pay attention to the labels, only to brands. Besides, in many products expensive doesn’t mean better.
So, today I give you seven reasons to check the ingredients on the facial merchandise that you are using or are thinking to buy. Don’t fall into the spell of the big marketing campaigns from the exclusive brands, find the ones according to your style and needs.
Seven reasons to check the ingredients of your beauty products
- Expiration date: every item will show you a symbol that shows the period after opening (PAO), date to be aware of because it will indicate for how many months you can use it. But there are several ingredients that depending on the climate conditions can degenerate quickly. Expired products are highly dangerous.
- Sunscreen protection: In the morning routine, sunscreen protection is a must. Checking the ingredients will indicate you the type of sunscreen included in the products. Keep this in mind especially if you live in a sunny place.
- Natural or synthetic ingredients: many natural alternatives claim to only use ingredients easily found in nature; but in reality, they can contain synthetic options that may affect your skin in harmful ways. Read carefully the ingredient list.
- Research: try to do a search the different components that you read on labels, especially those that are unpronounceable. Knowing their names and what they do, will provide an easy background when you are buying new merchandise.
- You skin condition: because we possess different skin types, you must understand how yours can react to the different products. Besides, some are made specifically for every type, and the ingredients can change.
- Not falling for fancy-named brands: keep in mind that ingredients are used in all brands, so often the expensive ones don’t offer major differences, so spending money on these will not guarantee the best care for your face.
- Artisanal products: when looking for natural ingredients in facial care it would be a good choice to check local stores offering handmade products. They will give you all the information about the components, for your knowledge.
Knowing the ingredients of the facial products can help you to have control of what you apply to your body. So take care of yourself and start to change your beauty routines to have beautiful and healthy skin.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Botox is an injectable solution that helps to relax the muscles of the face, neck, and even hands, allowing the partial elimination of wrinkles resulted from aging and other factors.
However, even with all the information about Botox, there are few things that you may not know.
So, if you are planning to go under this procedure, it’s better to know all the different options that it offers because reducing the look of wrinkles is just one of its uses. Are you ready?
Five things to know about Botox
Botox can change the way of your smile
A smile can turn you into a different person and cause people to be more open for interactions. But sometimes your smile can show too much, including your gums, making you self-conscious. There are some botox treatments for this gummy smile that will allow you to show your full smile without worries.
Do you want a heart-shaped face?
The heart-shaped face is considered one of the most feminine looks. But every person has a different face shape, and if you possess a strong jawline that gives you a masculine touch, with a couple of botox sessions, your jawline can slim down to show a softer look on your face and even a heart-shaped one!
Botox helps with the muscles longevity
Muscles need exercises to be healthy and in good condition. However, minor muscles like the ones on the face are highly used with every expression you make, and that is one of the main causes of wrinkles. When treatments are implemented regularly, the time between each session will be longer, and the face will have a more relaxed look. Just remember to never go under treatment if the mandatory period of rest hasn’t finished.
Problems with sweating? Botox will solve them!
There is a condition known as hyperhidrosis that causes excessive sweating, and it can be an awkward situation because the sweat can present in different parts of your body accompanied with bad odor, besides being embarrassing. Botox is an effective way to reduce the amount of sweating by injecting the solution right on the affected area; usually, this is localized under the arms. You may need several sessions distributed throughout the year to reduce the condition.
Botox and migraines
Nowadays, it’s starting to be used to dull the pain associated with migraines, and even to prevent the beginning of one. This condition can affect any individual in different ways, it will depend on several factors, but it normally can cause a hard pain and change the general development of the daily activities because of the constant pulse on the brain. Botox is gaining fame as a way to control this condition.
Botox can be used in many different ways, not just for the beauty aspect. Many conditions associated with skin and others are being treated with this solution. Find the best professionals in town and check all the information that they provide before going under treatment, remember that every organism is different and you can react in unknown ways to it.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Pregnancy is a state where women face so many changes requiring care and precautions to be healthy and allow normal development of the baby. The doctor will give you a long list of do’s and don’ts to follow for the next few months, but most likely, it will be about food, drinks, physical activities, and surroundings. Beauty products haven’t been considered as important, until recent years.
Nowadays, these are being taken into consideration because the composition of some chemicals have tested harmful for the baby and for you. For your safety, you should avoid products containing any of the following ingredients. Look at them closely and find a substitute.
Ingredients to avoid during pregnancy
This list is created to provide a helpful guide to use when you are looking for beauty products; that way your routines and beauty care won’t be affected during this wonderful time of your life.
- Retinoids: these are present in the acne and anti-aging products, under the following names: retinyl palmitate, retinoic acid, isotretinoin, adapalene, retinaldehyde, tazarotene, and tretinoin. Doctors recommend not to get pregnant under the use of those products, or if you are planning to. However, if you got pregnant cut the application immediately.
- Phthalates: this is used in products like perfumes and nail polish to increase the effect of other chemicals in their formulas. Products with phthalates are associated with health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and bad fetal development. So next time look for products phthalates-free when you want a new perfume or nail polish.
- Formaldehyde: speaking about nail polish, this one can be found in many different brands. Others, like hair straightening treatments and eyelashes glue, also have this in their formulas. You will find the formaldehyde under many labels like quaternium-15, dimethyl-dimethyl (DMDM), 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol (bromopol), and others. Buy only formaldehyde-free products for your house.
- Ammonia: are you in love with dying your hair? Well, many dye hairs have this ingredient as part of their formulas, that is the reason behind the success of many ammonia-free alternatives. Inclusive, you can find many that are using natural ingredients on their components to bring better protection for the hair.
- Dihydroxyacetone: also known as DHA, can be found in spray self-tanners, this one reacts on your skin making it look like a recent tan without getting under the sun. However, the problem is if you inhale the particles; for that reason, forget about the spray tan during the pregnancy.
Source: Mother Nature Network
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Spice up your skin.. your life.. and your overall health !!
Instead of using large amounts of salt and sodium which will make you retain fluid and cause other health issues…enhance your overall wellness and your taste buds with flavory Spices that are loaded with phyto-nutrients, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins.
Within the huge variety available that are yummy and beneficial here are 6 that can give your #health a positive twist:
?Curry powder fights inflammation and provides cellular protection
?Ginger helps to calm an upset stomach and lessen workout-induced soreness
?Nutmeg contains fabulous antibacterial benefits
?Cinnamon controls sugar cravings and reduces risk factors for diabetes and heart disease
?Oregano aims in bone-building and just one teaspoon contains a comparable amount of antioxidants as three cups of spinach. It also serves a defensive guard against bacteria.
?Cayenne Pepper can help you loose those extra pounds by raising up the body’s metabolism and burning more calories
Thank you for being here.
Until next time,
Healthy skin begins with good cleansing habits..
Cleansing your skin sounds simple and it should be, but using the wrong cleanser can start many skin problems such as: sensitivity, excessive dryness, irritation, redness and even breakouts.
The skin protective layer is meant to guard the skin from external aggresors but certain chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulfate found in many cleansers can strip the skin of natural essential lipids leaving the skin vulnerable to irritation and dryness.
Here are some tips for a regular cleansing routine:
?Select a mild cleanser, avoid harsh surfactants such as sodium lauryl sulfate
?Cleanse your skin 2 times a day
If suffering from acne, avoid over cleansing since it will actually cause the skin to produce more oil to counteract the dryness caused by the Cleanser. Dryness and irritation can exacerbate breakouts.
?If using an exfoliating cleanser containing acids such as glycolic or salicylic make sure you hydrate the skin properly that way you supply the skin with fundamental components.
?Some devices such as clarasonic or foreo contain ultrasonic technology to help provide a deeper cleansing, they are great; but remember, more is not always better. Your skin will tell you how often to use them.
If using them everyday starts to give you skin problems, reduce the frequency of use.
?And my favorite tip : ALWAYS GO TO BED WITH A CLEAN FACE .
Thank you for being here.
Until next time,
Paramedical Aesthetician/ Consultant/Educational Trainer
Founder of Zkin Fix Skincare
Featured in TV shows and popular magazines as one the favorite treatments celebrities are using now days to treat just about everything… from a hangover to lines and wrinkles, no wonder this form of therapy has exploded in popularity.
But, does it work? What makes it effective?
Believers assure that it can do wonders from boosting your energy to increasing libido and how about regaining a fabulous skin glow!!
Can it sound any better?
The “a la carte” menu is pretty extensive, there are drips to boost the immune system, fight jet lag, increase energy and sexual performance, hangover recovery, weight loss, de-stressing , detoxifying, rejuvenation and many more.
Based on the fact that only approximately 50 percent of the nutrients we ingest regularly are actually absorbed by the tissues, IV therapy delivers the nutrients directly into the bloodstream. Therefore, by avoiding the digestive process, the integrity of the vitamins and nutrients are kept more active providing instant results. Infusions are created by adding vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to a solution containing salt just like the blood which facilitates the absorption taking aprox. 30 to 45 min to absorb.
Price varies ranging from $95 to $250 depending on the drip. Many Company’s offer a membership program with great discounts for regular clients, some of them even offer mobile in home services.
SO, WHAT’S IN THE SKIN REJUVENATING DRIPS?
Most of the magical concoctions promising to help the skin contain as the main ingredients:
Vitamin C, Biotin, CoQ10 and the amino acid Glutathione.
Vitamin C is essential in the production of collagen, a crucial building block in the prevention and protection of the skin’s fundamental structures affected by the aging process. Humans lack the ability to produce vitamin C, thus regular consumption is necessary to maintain healthy skin cells and it is quite beneficial to help improve dull, fatigued and saggy skin.
Glutathione on the other hand is known as one of the most powerful antioxidants which not only helps to fight free radicals but also reduces the over activity of the enzyme tyrosinase, directly involved in the production of melanin (skin color) causing a brightening effect.
Because of the almost instant “pick me up” effect, these cocktails have become favorite of many models and actresses to restore and regain a bright, luminous complexion.
It is a quick relatively non-invasive procedure with no down time and most people experience fast results.
Prices vary but the treatments are reasonably affordable.
A variety of different treatments are available to address individual needs.
Although the “Myers” cocktail (popular infusion created by Dr. John Myers ) has been used for over 30 years, there are not definite scientific studies concluding on the long-term effects of the therapy.
Continuous treatments might be necessary to achieve and maintain results.
There are risks of allergic reactions or infection if no adequate ingredients and/or sanitation procedures are followed.
MY POINT OF VIEW
To me good nutrition is always the base of our health… “We are what we eat” a HEALTHY DIET and LIFESTYLE along with an effective SKIN CARE REGIMEN can certainly help you feel great and look amazing.
However, who doesn’t stray sometimes to indulge into a no so healthy diet or gets overloaded by stress which weakens the immune system or needs a little extra energy boost after a long flight…
So what do think about this popular trend? Would you do it?
Thank you for being here!!
Until next time,
Founder of Zkin Fix Skincare
Most people will agree that the eye area is very vulnerable to aging.
Lines and wrinkles, dark circles, puffiness, eye bags…. common words in the beauty industry since the eyes most of the time become the first focus of attention when we realize that the clock is only running forward.
After a night of cocktails and fun , a stressful day, poor nutrition or lack of sleep.. the eyes ruthlessly reveal the world your secret with no mercy.
The skin’s structure around the eye area compared to other areas of the face is more delicate. It’s density is thinner and contains fewer sweat and sebaceous glands. The blood and lymph functionally is more limited; therefore, affecting micro-circulation and levels of oxygenation and nourishment to the area. Over the years these factors give place to expression lines and loss of tone and elasticity forming the typical “eye bags”, dark circles and “crows feet.”
If we consider hydration only, it is fair to say that a regular moisturizer should do the trick. Many moisturizers contain hydrating and some even anti-aging ingredients that can benefit the skin around the eyes as well.
However, a well-formulated eye cream is made to specifically target and treat the concerns around the eye area. Ingredients such as: chamomile, peptides, ecsin, ginkgo biloba, vitamin C, helichrysum among many others, are common ingredients in eye cream formulations.
I personally prefer to use a separate eye cream. As a professional my philosophy is to be more target specific considering of course the person’s individual concern. Once identified, selecting a skincare product with a high percentage of active ingredients to treat it will certainly provide the best result.
THINGS TO KNOW:
*It is best to apply eye cream morning and evening as part of your regular skincare routine.
*Most eye creams are suitable to use on the lips since the lips are also very delicate.
*Use sunglasses regularly to prevent sun damage and reduce squinting which can exacerbate expression lines.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS AND QUICK SOLUTIONS FOR PUFFY, TIRED-LOOKING EYES AND
DARK CIRCLES :
✔ICED TEA BAGS – Chamomile, Green tea or Lavender are a great choice..MUST BE CAFFINATED to contain caffeine and tannings which help to constrict blood vessels helping reduce swelling, puffiness and reducing darkness.
✔COLD CUCUMBER SLICES – Cucumber has astringent properties reducing puffiness and providing an inmmediate cooling & refreshing effect.
✔ALMOND OIL- rich in vitamin E helps to reduce lines and wrinkles and fortifies delicate tissues improving the appearance of dark circles. Massage a couple drops gently every night around the eye area to increase circulation and rinse off with water in the morning.
✔BABY TEETHING RINGS- Keep them in the fridge to have them cool and ready any time. Place them around the eyes to instantly reduce puffiness and awaken tired-eyes..
✔EGG WHITES- separate the yolk to use ony the egg whites. Whip the egg whites and apply around the eyes or to full face. Let it dry. It will feel really tight. Rinse off with water. The skin will look and feel firmer.
ENJOY AND WAKE UP TO A FRESH-LOOKING FACE!!!
Thank you for being here.
Until next time,
Founder of Zkin Fix Skincare