Tea tree oil is a new trend that is taking by surprise everybody, but do you know exactly what is it? This substance is an essential oil that is being used as an alternative to many traditional skin treatments; but it has other uses like mouthwash, repellent, and even deodorant. It also has benefits for hair and nails!
To get the best tea tree oil, you must buy one that is 100% natural. The Latin name Melaleuca alternifolia and the origin must be impressed on the label. Besides that, try to buy it from a very known brand or store, to be secure about the precedence, because like all the essential oils, it can produce terrible results if it is from an unknown source or mix it with other components.
Tea tree oil benefits for the skin
There are many benefits for the skin that this oil can provide, it is used in a wide range of lesions and conditions; some of them are:
- Dry skin: perfect for soothing dry skin, reducing itching and irritation, and hydrating the cells. It also has shown incredible results for the treatment of eczema. The best way to do it, it is to mix a few drops of the oil into a moisturizer and apply it to the affected areas right after the shower, better if it is twice per day.
- Oily skin: it helps to control and reduce oily skin. It can sound strange, but the antiseptic properties of the tea tree oil can start to reduce the production of grease on the face and other parts. Just add a little bit to the toner, moisturizer or sunscreen that you use and use it every day.
- Itchy skin: there is no worse sensation than }itchy skin, but this condition can lead to terrible infections. With the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil, the sensation and any infection can be treated. Just use your normal moisturizer mixed with a few drops of the tea tree oil, and apply it several times a day in the affected zone.
- Wounds and cuts: it contains antibacterial properties perfect for a better and quick recovery of any wound and cut. These tend to hurt and be uncomfortable, but combining the oil with the wound ointment cream can help you to a full healing.
- Acne: tea tree oil is one the preferred treatments for acne, because of the anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties it can reduce redness, swelling, and clogged pores. Besides that, it can help to reduce the scars and start to contributes to the curing process. Try to combine all the acne products of your treatment with some drops of the oil and start to observe results.
- Never apply it directly on your skin, its components are so strong that it can damage your body. Dilute it with a neutral option like coconut or almond oil. The mix between them must be 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil with 12 drops of the neutral oil.
- Be careful with the sensitive areas like eyes, mouth, and nose. Especially the eyes. It can cause irritation and swelling.
- Like every skin product, try it first on a small part of the body like the hands to observe any bad reaction to it.
The tea tree oil is an excellent addition to your skincare products. Be very careful when using it; just buy the best natural products.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Declutter is the new trend that has everybody in awe because, according to Marie Kondo, the Japanese tidying expert, it is more about choosing joy than cleaning a space. Her method “KonMari” has gained many followers around the world, thanks to the easy way that she explains it and because it works, but at the same time change their lifestyle.
The definition for declutter on the Oxford Dictionary states: “Remove unnecessary items from (an untidy or overcrowded place).” This means everything that is not useful for you and that does not make you happy should be removed from your life.
Kondo applies Japanese methods for tidying up the different spaces around you, following simple and precise steps. However, for some people, this can be too much on the perfectionist side and for that reason today I will show you the benefits of decluttering your life and some tips to do it easily.
Benefits of decluttering your Life
There are many benefits of decluttering your spaces, not only for a comfortable lifestyle but also your health will thank you for that. The accumulated and unnecessary stuff on your property can be highly dangerous for your body and your mind, so maybe that is a very good reason to start?
If your home is organized, you will reduce your stress levels; but if you are constantly bumping into different things around it, or you can’t find a specific item, your mood may be ruined and even mess up with your job. Better to have an organized space that can contribute to a good state of mind.
Increases your focus
Living or working in a cluttered space can be very distracting and affect the brain’s processing ability. The distractions are everywhere, but a place full of them will never give you a productive day, starting a change in your areas can make the difference.
Boosts your energy
A clean room will provide a better sleep that you will need to fulfill all your daily activities. Besides, your bedroom must be a sanctuary for you to get the correct rest and wake up full of energy.
Helps you to maintain a healthy body
Stress, sleep deprivation, and lack of energy can result in health problems, especially with your weight. A messy ambient will give you the sensation of needing comfort, and you will get it with food, like junk food or sweets increasing risks associated with overweight.
Improves air quality
Dust, air, mold, and allergens are in every place. But in a cluttered house these are trapped and can be very difficult to get rid of them. Normally, a cleaning session is enough to eliminate them, and in a decluttered home is easier than ever.
Changes the relationships at home
In a messy home, you will constantly be arguing with your partner, kids, and other family members, about missing things. But if you declutter the area, you can find everything quickly and even make an inventory of your possessions.
Makes you feel proud
A clean space can make you feel proud of the work that you did on it. Besides, it will increase your confidence because you make an excellent job choosing what is essential for you and what not.
Tips for decluttering your spaces
- Tidy all at once: it will be better to do it all in one day or on the weekend; commitment to this is the only way to do it. If you declutter one room per day or week, it will be messy again in a matter of days.
- Visualize the destination: to start throwing things, you must visualize how do you want to live. For example, if you desire to live like if your life is a paradisiac vacation, keep the things that will give you that feeling.
- Determine if the item “sparks joy”: if you keep things that make you unhappy, you will invite unhappiness into your life. Better to maintain items that give you joy and produce a smile on your face thanks to a memory.
- Tidy by category, not location: we tend to store items into categories in different locations, but turns out that is better to tidy by type, not location. For example, better to start with your clothes than with your closet or drawers.
- Tidy in order: Kondo has created a list about the order in which you should start to tidy, it goes this way: clothes, books, papers, Komono (misc. stuff), and sentimental. She also explains that each one can be separated into sub-categories for an easier process.
Tidying up your house, workspace, and even your life can change absolutely every aspect of you. Organize everything can improve your productivity, just remember not to get obsessed; sometimes a little clutter is necessary for a good balance.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Non-comedogenic products are the best skincare and makeup products, but maybe this term is something new for you. In this article, I will explain to you what it means and the advantages of their use.
What is the meaning for non-comedogenic?
This term is the fancy way to explain that some products won’t cause comedones, which are pore blockages that result in acne or blackheads. A product that is labeled as non-comedogenic is supposed to contain ingredients that do not clog pores. Nowadays, many skincare and cosmetics products are produced this way to prevent any harm to the body.
There is a comedogenicity scale that will indicate the level of the ingredient from 0 to 5; if you detect that several components in your products are labeled 4 or 5 in this measurement system, stop using them. Options between 1 and 3 are good to use, but this will depend on your skin. Remember that you must know your body before trying a new product.
To understand the scale, follow this guideline:
- Several alternatives with oil that has a comedogenic rating of 0 are labeled as non-comedogenic, normally they won’t clog your pores.
- Oil rated as a 1 signifies a slight chance that it will clog your pores.
- A comedogenic product rating of 2 still indicates that it won’t clog pores; but for some people with sensitive skin, these products may do it.
- The rating of 3 is where a lot of people will break out using skincare items with comedogenic ingredients, but others won’t have problems with them.
- Options rating of 4 suggests that MOST users will have pores clogged using them unless they have a good tolerance for it. But, as usual, there are many factors involved in this.
- A comedogenic rating of 5 is a component that will block your pores, and few people can’t tolerate them. They are included in many choices, so you must be very attentive on what you are using.
Why should you use non-comedogenic products?
If your body is too sensitive and delicate, better to look out for non-comedogenic items; this will ensure a healthy skin acne-free. Also, pay attention to the ingredients of your favorite products, maybe you will need to change them. Moisturizing and skin-soothing ingredients like jojoba oil, squalane, and allantoin are perfect examples of non-comedogenic components, so next time you will be going for new skincare purchases check the ones with those indications.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Welcome to my blog
I’m 48, and like most women I am determined to find balance, keep myself healthy and active and cherish those little things in life that make me happy.
Time just flies by and I am now an empty nested mom of 3 beautiful children, a re-married and happy wife and a middle aged woman who loves fashion, good nutrition and have a lifetime affair with skin care, my absolute passion.
As you can see my hands are pretty full, so I know how hectic it can be to manage everything and take time to take care of yourself; and although, I believe that the best compliment of beauty is a happy attitude, we can’t deny that there is a magical spark that ignites when we feel confident about ourselves.
It is not about being perfect but enhancing what we have and letting it shine through.
And of course, knowing a few tips and tricks can be of great help too!
As a professional, I love to share advice and valuable information to give you the tools and empowerment to look and feel your best. Someone that cares for your best interests and guide you through the saturated world of cosmetics and inspire you to make good choices for a healthy living and overall well-being.
20+ years of experience in the Beauty Industry that will love to share with YOU!
Let’s get to know each other better. I invite you to subscribe to my blog, so you don’t miss out on my latest posts.
Medical Aesthetician/ Cosmetologist/ Medical Electrologist & Laser CME/ Massage Therapist/ Body Therapist/ Spa and Beauty Consultant/ Product Developer/ Entrepeneur
FOUNDER OF ZKIN FIX SKINCARE