The best way to defend your body is with a healthy immune system
Mother nature is perfect and it has given us a natural army that lives in our body ready to fight at any time against foreign invaders. It not only defends our body from the attack of microorganisms, it also cleanses cells that have been damaged or are ill.
In a nut shell, it keeps us healthy.
There 2 types of immunity the non-specific that is in charge of targeting any and all foreign substances or microorganisms that the body perceives as invaders and the specific immunity which is a more complex form of defense involving B and T lymphocytes.
B cells produce the antibodies that identify the microorganism and the T cells directly attack and kill the invader.
There must be a balance between microorganisms and the immune system for good health.
APPROXIMATELY 95% OF INFECTIONS ORIGINATE IN MUCOUS AREAS
EYES, NASAL AREAS, AND MOUTH
Hence, why it is so important not to touch our face, or rub our eyes.
Nonetheless, our body knows best and these areas are protected by natural antibodies called IGA immunoglobulin type A that neutralize viruses as soon as they enter our body.
All other main entrances like the tonsils, gut, liver, lungs, etc., have macrophages ( swallowing cells) that collect and get rid of unwanted matter.
Infection occurs when bacteria, viruses or other microorganisms enter our body and begin to multiply causing the body to react.
And an infection spread occurs when the infection is transmitted from an infected person to a healthy person or through other sources of contact like infected surfaces etc.
Let’s dive a little into how the body works and what we can do to stay healthy and minimize the risk of infection.
The body has protective barriers:
THE STOMACH ACID
THAT IS WHY WHEN WE ARE AT RISK, OUR BODY REACTS BY COUGING, SNEEZING, VOMITING, DIARRHEA ETC.
What weakens your immune system:
The same way that we can strengthen the immune system there are lifestyle practices and habits that can weaken it.
Here are some of the most detrimental that we should avoid as much as possible:
- Suppressed Emotions
- Poor nutrition
- Poor Sleeping habits
- Excessive Exercise
- Processed foods
GOOD PRACTICES TO IMPROVE THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
To have a healthy and happy immune system practicing good habits can make all the difference between getting sick or staying healthy.
So what makes our immune system happy:
- A good laugh
- Stress Reduction
- Exercise in a balanced form
- Crying to release emotions
- Having good quality sleep 7 to 8 hours
- Following a good nutritional diet
- Avoiding an overload of toxins
- Good Hydration
- Consuming prebiotics (foods rich in fiber that feed our good bacteria)
- Taking probiotics if in need of balancing the intestinal flora
- Taking food-based supplements when necessary
- Eating our last meal at least 3 hours prior to going to bed, that way we support our body to use all its energy in repairing itself instead of using it on digesting the food
FOODS THAT STRENGTHEN YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM
- BERRIES :BLUEBERRIES, STRAWBERRIES, RASPBERRIES
- PRE AND PROBIOTICS
- SWEET PEPPER
- CHLORELLA > increases the level of antibodies
OTHER PRACTICAL TIPS THAT HELP YOU PREVENT INFECTIONS:
- Washing your hands regularly
- Taking off our shoes when we get to the house
- Washing fruits and vegetables ( A mix of water and vinegar or water and baking soda is easy and effective )
- Changing your pillowcase regularly
- Switching to healthier skincare and beauty products
By supporting your immune system, you are protecting your body and keeping proper functioning of all systems. Also, let’s not forget that emotions and stress have a powerful influence on our immunity, so maintaining good mental health is crucial to stay strong and healthy.
Until next time,
Deeply Holistic A guide to intuitive self-care/ Author Pip Waller
How not to Die/ Author Michael Greger, MD., FACLM
La mejor manera de proteger tu salud es mejorando tus defensas
La madre naturaleza es perfecta y nos ha dado un ejército natural que vive en nuestro cuerpo listo para luchar en cualquier momento contra cuerpos invasores.
No solo defiende nuestro cuerpo del ataque de microorganismos, sino que también limpia las células que han sido dañadas o enfermas.
En pocas palabras, nos mantiene saludables.
Existen dos tipos de inmunidad, la no específica que se encarga de atacar a todas y cada una de las sustancias o microorganismos extraños que el cuerpo percibe como invasores y la inmunidad específica, que es una forma más compleja de defensa que involucra
a los linfocitos B y T.
Las células B producen los anticuerpos que identifican el microorganismo y las células T atacan y matan directamente al invasor.
Debe haber un equilibrio entre los microorganismos y el sistema inmunológico
para una buena salud.
APROXIMADAMENTE EL 95% DE LAS INFECCIONES SE ORIGINAN EN ÁREAS MUCOSAS:
OJOS, ÁREAS NASALES Y BOCA
Por eso es tan importante no tocarnos la cara ni frotarnos los ojos.
No obstante, nuestro cuerpo sabe más y estas áreas están protegidas por anticuerpos naturales llamados inmunoglobina IGA tipo A que neutralizan los virus tan pronto como ingresan a nuestro cuerpo.
Todas las demás entradas principales, como las amígdalas, el intestino, el hígado, los pulmones, etc., tienen macrófagos (células que atrapan y se tragan) y eliminan la materia no deseada.
La infección ocurre cuando bacterias, virus u otros microorganismos ingresan a nuestro cuerpo y comienzan a multiplicarse causando que el cuerpo reaccione.
Y la propagación de una infección ocurre cuando la infección se transmite de una persona infectada a otra persona o a través de otras fuentes de contacto, como superficies infectadas, etc.
Veamos cómo funciona el cuerpo y qué podemos hacer para mantenernos saludables y minimizar el riesgo de infección.
El cuerpo tiene barreras protectoras:
LA CERA DE LOS OIDOS
EL ÁCIDO DEL ESTÓMAGO
ES POR ESO QUE CUANDO ESTAMOS EN RIESGO, NUESTRO CUERPO REACCIONA TOSIENDO, ESTORNUDANDO, VOMITANDO, DIARREA ETC.
Lo que debilita nuestro sistema inmunológico:
De la misma manera que podemos fortalecer el sistema inmunológico, existen prácticas y hábitos de estilo de vida que pueden debilitarlo.
Estos son algunos de los más perjudiciales que debemos evitar tanto como sea posible:
- Emociones suprimidas
- Mala Nutrición
- Malos hábitos de sueño
- Ejercicio excesivo
- Alimentos procesados
BUENAS PRÁCTICAS PARA MEJORAR EL SISTEMA INMUNOLÓGICO
Practicando buenos hábitos puede marcar la diferencia entre enfermarse o mantenerse saludable.
Entonces, ¿qué hace feliz a nuestro sistema inmunológico ?
- Una buena risa
- Reducción de estrés
- Ejercicio en forma equilibrada
- Llorando para liberar emociones
- Tener una buena calidad de sueño de 7 a 8 horas.
- Seguir una buena dieta nutricional
- Evitar una sobrecarga de toxinas
- Buena hidratación
- Consumir prebióticos (alimentos ricos en fibra que alimentan nuestras bacterias buenas)
- Tomar probióticos si necesita equilibrar la flora intestinal.
- Tomar suplementos a base de alimentos cuando sea necesario
- Comer nuestra última comida al menos 3 horas antes de irnos a la cama, de esa manera apoyamos a nuestro cuerpo para que use toda su energía para repararse a sí mismo en lugar de usarlo para digerir los alimentos.
ALIMENTOS QUE FORTALECEN NUESTRO SISTEMA INMUNOLÓGICO
- COL RIZADA
- LAS BAYAS – ARÁNDANOS, FRESAS, FRAMBUESAS
- EL MELÓN
- EL KIWI
- El PIMENTÓN DULCE
- CLORELLA> aumenta el nivel de anticuerpos naturales
OTROS CONSEJOS PRÁCTICOS QUE NOS AYUDAN A PREVENIR INFECCIONES:
- Lavarse las manos regularmente
- Quitarnos los zapatos cuando lleguemos a la casa
- Lavado de frutas y verduras (Una mezcla de agua y vinagre o agua y bicarbonato de sodio es fácil y efectivo)
- Cambiar tu funda de almohada regularmente
- Cambiar a productos de belleza y cuidado de la piel más saludables
Al apoyar nuestro sistema inmunológico, estamos protegiendo nuestro cuerpo y manteniendo el funcionamiento adecuado de todos los sistemas.
Además, no olvidemos que las emociones y el estrés tienen una poderosa influencia en nuestra inmunidad, por lo que mantener una buena salud mental es crucial para mantenerse fuerte y saludable.
Hasta la próxima vez,
Profundamente holístico Una guía para el autocuidado intuitivo / Autor Pip Waller
Cómo no morir / Autor Michael Greger, MD., FACLM
Los suplementos de colágeno están en auge y afirman devolverle una piel luminosa y combatir el envejecimiento. ¿Merecen la pena probarlos?
El colágeno es la proteína más abundante en el cuerpo. Es un polipéptido que contiene diferentes tipos de aminoácidos como: glicina, prolina, glutamina y arginina, forma parte de todos los tejidos conectivos del cuerpo: piel, cartílago, hueso, etc.
Hace que la piel se vea suave y flexible y ayuda a mantener su elasticidad.
A medida que envejecemos, la producción de colágeno disminuye causando pérdida de volumen en la piel, lo que contribuye a la formación de líneas y arrugas y al adelgazamiento de la piel. Para cuando una mujer llega a la menopausia, habría perdido aproximadamente el 30% del colágeno.
Sin embargo, no solo la edad afecta la producción de colágeno, estilos de vida poco saludables y hábitos ambientales como la luz ultravioleta, el tabaco, el estrés, la contaminación y la mala nutrición también contribuyen a la disminución de los niveles de este.
Debido a que el colágeno juega un papel importante como una de las proteínas vitales en el proceso de envejecimiento, su suplementación ha ganado gran popularidad en el mercado de la belleza prometiendo mejorar la textura de la piel y la aparición de líneas y arrugas.
¿Hasta qué punto es esto cierto?
Vamos a profundizar un poco más.
En primer lugar, es importante comprender que el cuerpo no absorbe el colágeno directamente. Debe descomponerlo en partículas más pequeñas y luego convertirlas en aminoácidos biodegradables que pueden usarse como fuente natural para reforzar la producción de colágeno de tu propio cuerpo.
Las opiniones entre los expertos son diversas, en cuanto a si los suplementos de colágeno realmente ayudan a que la piel se vea más joven. No hay muchos estudios que confirmen sus beneficios y la mayoría de los estudios son proporcionados por los fabricantes.
Sin embargo, existe alguna evidencia que sugiere que tomar un suplemento de colágeno puede ayudar a su cuerpo a producir más colágeno al proporcionar aminoácidos esenciales. Algunas personas informan haber visto una mejora en la apariencia de líneas y arrugas, elasticidad e hidratación de la piel.
Los resultados no ocurren de la noche a la mañana, puede tomar algún tiempo de uso regular para ver una diferencia notable y es necesario continuar con la suplementación para mantener los resultados.
Debido a que el colágeno es una proteína, puede ser difícil de digerir para algunas personas.
Por lo tanto, es recomendable probar diferentes marcas para ver cuál le resulta de más provecho y que pueda digerir con más facilidad.
Los precios de los suplementos también varían ampliamente.
Algunos productos pueden ser muy costosos. Además, es importante comprender que estos suplementos no están reemplazando los beneficios de una dieta saludable.
Si prefiere un “enfoque totalmente natural”, le alegrará saber que estos aminoácidos también se pueden encontrar en los alimentos nutritivos.
Un alimento que ha adquirido gran popularidad recientemente es el “caldo de huesos”, rico en minerales y otros compuestos saludables que incluyen …
—Lo has adivinado: “colágeno”.
Otra vitamina que tiene una demanda muy alta es la vitamina C, un cofactor del colágeno. El cuerpo usa vitamina C para producirlo.
Por lo tanto, los alimentos como las frutas y verduras que contienen altas cantidades de vitamina C son esenciales para mantener una síntesis saludable de colágeno.
El azúcar, por otro lado, es perjudicial para la piel porque desencadena un proceso llamado “glicación” en el que las moléculas de glucosa se adhieren a proteínas como el colágeno en su cuerpo formando nuevas moléculas llamadas AGE. Estas moléculas de AGE degradan el colágeno y la elastina, haciendo que se pongan rígidas y pierdan elasticidad.
Una dieta saludable rica en proteínas y nutrientes continúa siendo la fuente más confiable para darle al cuerpo lo que necesita para mantener una producción adecuada de colágeno.
Alimentos que aumentan el colágeno:
- Grasas saludables
- Caldo de hueso
- Granos ricos en proteínas
- Vegetales rojos
- Verdes oscuros
Practica buenos hábitos de estilo de vida como:
- Sueño adecuado
- Buena hidratación
Evite el estrés, fumar y el alcohol, azúcares simples y carbohidratos.
La buena noticia es que tenemos control de cómo envejecemos.
Como dijo Janey Lee Grace:
“Envejecer es inevitable, pero cómo envejecemos es opcional.”
Other interesting readings:
BY ALEXA ERICKSON / Reader’s Digest
Products that I have tried
Water is one of the most important elements on the planet; without it, life cannot exist. Our bodies consist of 60% of water, but because several normal body functions this percentage can change, that is the reason why the organism is constantly asking to replenish the losing liquid.
However, it is not just to replenish that percentage; drinking water helps the body cells to function correctly, and everything goes smoothly on the body. One of the group of cells that benefits more from it are the ones of the skin; these cells need constant hydration to look healthy and fulfill its main function: protect the other systems and organs.
The correct amount of water
Everybody says that you should drink at least 8 glasses per day, but is it this total correct? Actually, it is right, but that can vary and it will depend of the individual metabolism, and of course the diet because there is a lot of water-rich food that contributes to the proper hydration.
Instead of looking to the amount, just follow these guidelines that the own body will provide:
- Just drink when you are truly thirsty.
- If you practice any kind of exercise or sport, the amount must be higher.
- If the day is particular hotter or you live in a hotter place, water is a must and you will need to drink more to replenish the lost.
- The urine can indicate if you are dehydrated; if it is darker than light-yellow, start drinking: you will need it.
Beauty benefits of drinking water
Many people don’t like to drink plain water, but even drinking juices or flavored water won’t give you all the benefits that normal and plain water can. There are tons of benefits for the body, but when it comes to beauty, hair, nails and skin are the ones that get the best benefits.
Many times we are observing those long, shining, and healthy hair that everybody envies, but for that drinking water is essential. When the body is starting feeling dehydrated, it will save the remaining water to protect the vital organs, that means that you can start losing hair, or it won’t look healthy and shining. So, if you want beautiful hair, water is the top thing on the list; besides, all the products and treatments.
This liquid is essential to have strong, natural and long nails. Weak and breakable nails are no longer a problem if you take the right amount per day. Soon you will be showing beautiful patrons and designs on your strong nails.
Using serum and creams are important to contribute to skin health, but the most effective and natural serum that you will find is water. With it, cells start working to provide a younger and fresh look without a lot of effort. Of course, age is important, but having a good drinking habit and avoid strong and dark drinks contributes to maintaining the body.
With the correct hydration, you can keep at bay breakouts and blemishes. People that suffer from strong acne problems tend to drink less water than people with healthier skin. It also helps to prevent and recover quickly after a weekend on the beach or pool.
With all these benefits is more than understandable the reason why doctors are always telling to drink water. And it is one of the easiest beauty products to find. Just remember to save it and never waste it. This element is important for every living being, and it makes the difference between life and death.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Declutter is the new trend that has everybody in awe because, according to Marie Kondo, the Japanese tidying expert, it is more about choosing joy than cleaning a space. Her method “KonMari” has gained many followers around the world, thanks to the easy way that she explains it and because it works, but at the same time change their lifestyle.
The definition for declutter on the Oxford Dictionary states: “Remove unnecessary items from (an untidy or overcrowded place).” This means everything that is not useful for you and that does not make you happy should be removed from your life.
Kondo applies Japanese methods for tidying up the different spaces around you, following simple and precise steps. However, for some people, this can be too much on the perfectionist side and for that reason today I will show you the benefits of decluttering your life and some tips to do it easily.
Benefits of decluttering your Life
There are many benefits of decluttering your spaces, not only for a comfortable lifestyle but also your health will thank you for that. The accumulated and unnecessary stuff on your property can be highly dangerous for your body and your mind, so maybe that is a very good reason to start?
If your home is organized, you will reduce your stress levels; but if you are constantly bumping into different things around it, or you can’t find a specific item, your mood may be ruined and even mess up with your job. Better to have an organized space that can contribute to a good state of mind.
Increases your focus
Living or working in a cluttered space can be very distracting and affect the brain’s processing ability. The distractions are everywhere, but a place full of them will never give you a productive day, starting a change in your areas can make the difference.
Boosts your energy
A clean room will provide a better sleep that you will need to fulfill all your daily activities. Besides, your bedroom must be a sanctuary for you to get the correct rest and wake up full of energy.
Helps you to maintain a healthy body
Stress, sleep deprivation, and lack of energy can result in health problems, especially with your weight. A messy ambient will give you the sensation of needing comfort, and you will get it with food, like junk food or sweets increasing risks associated with overweight.
Improves air quality
Dust, air, mold, and allergens are in every place. But in a cluttered house these are trapped and can be very difficult to get rid of them. Normally, a cleaning session is enough to eliminate them, and in a decluttered home is easier than ever.
Changes the relationships at home
In a messy home, you will constantly be arguing with your partner, kids, and other family members, about missing things. But if you declutter the area, you can find everything quickly and even make an inventory of your possessions.
Makes you feel proud
A clean space can make you feel proud of the work that you did on it. Besides, it will increase your confidence because you make an excellent job choosing what is essential for you and what not.
Tips for decluttering your spaces
- Tidy all at once: it will be better to do it all in one day or on the weekend; commitment to this is the only way to do it. If you declutter one room per day or week, it will be messy again in a matter of days.
- Visualize the destination: to start throwing things, you must visualize how do you want to live. For example, if you desire to live like if your life is a paradisiac vacation, keep the things that will give you that feeling.
- Determine if the item “sparks joy”: if you keep things that make you unhappy, you will invite unhappiness into your life. Better to maintain items that give you joy and produce a smile on your face thanks to a memory.
- Tidy by category, not location: we tend to store items into categories in different locations, but turns out that is better to tidy by type, not location. For example, better to start with your clothes than with your closet or drawers.
- Tidy in order: Kondo has created a list about the order in which you should start to tidy, it goes this way: clothes, books, papers, Komono (misc. stuff), and sentimental. She also explains that each one can be separated into sub-categories for an easier process.
Tidying up your house, workspace, and even your life can change absolutely every aspect of you. Organize everything can improve your productivity, just remember not to get obsessed; sometimes a little clutter is necessary for a good balance.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Yoga has become the physical activity preferred for so many women because of the endless benefits that you will experience with it. It helps to reduce stress, tiredness, and even sleep problems, besides giving you a healthy body. But do you know that it can improve your skin?
Yes, this practice improves so many different aspects of your organism that one of the final results is glowing and healthy skin. At the same time, you will feel good about yourself and your surroundings, thanks to the release of good hormones that automatically changes your emotions and reactions.
Benefits of practicing yoga
Here I will show you the different benefits that yoga has, but just remember to have a safe practice and consult with a professional in the area, to fully understand how it works.
To have good circulation in veins and arteries, and a healthy heart, you must move. Even when it can look slow and boring, this sport increases blood flow and heart rate with different movements and positions. A bad circulation raises the risk of heart problems, and you will feel tired and without energy, which contributes to dry skin and hair loss.
This is highly important for skin, because the oxygen flow gets rid of free radicals and other toxins from the body. The free radicals are behind the loss of collagen and elastin that are responsible for aging expressions like wrinkles and facial lines.
Certain positions help with the natural process of digestion, just wait a couple of hours after the meal to go to the class. The deep breathing exercises also help with it, reducing the bloated feeling. With good digestion, the nutrients will find the correct place, and skin will have a good look.
Yoga is a great way to reduce stress levels because it helps to forget work, house, and other issues, you must highly concentrate on the movements. Besides, it helps you to get better sleep and feel calm and happy.
Stress and daily routines are a detonator for an imbalance among the different hormones that are you in your body. Others are your monthly cycle, but this sport is a great way to control both, and hormones will not play strange games with your body and emotions. Skin will benefit from this because a good distribution will give you a good and healthy aspect.
Now, you can find new techniques like facial yoga, movements especially created for the face. These exercises are amazing for the face muscles and the skin there. You can practice them in the morning and before bed to start seeing results, giving you a youthful appearance.
Increase your energy
Yoga will increase your energy levels, giving you the opportunity to perform every activity scheduled for that day with 100% effort. Productivity will improve, and every single task will look like normal and easy to finish. This boost will also help with your feelings when you are full of energy you will feel happy and at ease.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
In recent years, people are under too much pressure, besides balancing the different aspects of their lives. Family, job, friends, and time for yourself can be hard. Probably you can’t find time for all of these, feeling so tired that result in physical and emotional conditions.
Many of those aspects are on the way to find overall wellness, which is the state of being in good health, getting better day by day. This has several dimensions that offer different benefits for every area of your life. To find a good balance, while keeping low levels of stress and emotional problems, you must work on each of the seven dimensions.
Seven dimensions of overall wellness
It can look difficult to maintain all the paths, plus all your responsibilities and demands, but having discipline wanting to take care of yourself will reward you with overall wellness. Learn all about the seven dimensions!
- Physical wellness: this one is of course about your body. Exercise, have a good time of sleep, eat a balanced diet, and pay attention to its warnings. Your body allows you to fulfill all your activities and chores, while having all the energy for the day.
- Emotional wellness: normally, people tend to withhold their emotions, and that will never be healthy. Learning how to process and express them will help you to have a better life. Follow several tips like talking with someone that will listen to you without judging you, have a positive and optimistic attitude, practice an activity where you can release your emotions, and accepting yourself for who you are.
- Social wellness: relationships are always a huge part of your life, so nurturing and having good ones are important for your overall wellness because being sociable is part of being human. Of course, with age finding new relations can be difficult; but with different techniques, you definitely can improve your social skills. Some of them are: join groups of common grounds, try to make new friends naturally, and nourish your existing ones.
- Intellectual wellness: your brain is one of the most important organs: it will define your personality, your intelligence, and knowledge. For that single reason, it’s important to train it. Age is not an impediment to keep learning new abilities and improve the old ones. Stimulating the brain is a fun exercise and one that has great benefits for you.
- Spiritual wellness: this dimension doesn’t depend on a specific religion, but if you want to rely on one is your ultimate choice. The is more about your beliefs, faith, and values that form your character and moral guidance. In hard times, you can take a deep journey within yourself and find all the guidance and strength to keep fighting and never give up.
- Environmental wellness: it will be important to treat your surroundings and the planet in general in good ways. Protecting nature will give you a feeling of doing the right things, and make others to follow your example. Earth needs us to be more in sync with its wounds, so help it to be better will give you a sensation of being a nice person and be on the right path.
- Occupational wellness: here, you will find passion in your workplace, but this is not about to have fun on it, it’s to find realization and be happy with what you are doing, your colleagues and your workplace. There are many ways to improve this dimension, and they will depend on your job and your personality.
To have a good quality of life you must work on these dimensions and applying them on your daily routines. These are the best qualities for our overall wellness, so keep improving to become the best you!
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Botox is an injectable solution that helps to relax the muscles of the face, neck, and even hands, allowing the partial elimination of wrinkles resulted from aging and other factors.
However, even with all the information about Botox, there are few things that you may not know.
So, if you are planning to go under this procedure, it’s better to know all the different options that it offers because reducing the look of wrinkles is just one of its uses. Are you ready?
Five things to know about Botox
Botox can change the way of your smile
A smile can turn you into a different person and cause people to be more open for interactions. But sometimes your smile can show too much, including your gums, making you self-conscious. There are some botox treatments for this gummy smile that will allow you to show your full smile without worries.
Do you want a heart-shaped face?
The heart-shaped face is considered one of the most feminine looks. But every person has a different face shape, and if you possess a strong jawline that gives you a masculine touch, with a couple of botox sessions, your jawline can slim down to show a softer look on your face and even a heart-shaped one!
Botox helps with the muscles longevity
Muscles need exercises to be healthy and in good condition. However, minor muscles like the ones on the face are highly used with every expression you make, and that is one of the main causes of wrinkles. When treatments are implemented regularly, the time between each session will be longer, and the face will have a more relaxed look. Just remember to never go under treatment if the mandatory period of rest hasn’t finished.
Problems with sweating? Botox will solve them!
There is a condition known as hyperhidrosis that causes excessive sweating, and it can be an awkward situation because the sweat can present in different parts of your body accompanied with bad odor, besides being embarrassing. Botox is an effective way to reduce the amount of sweating by injecting the solution right on the affected area; usually, this is localized under the arms. You may need several sessions distributed throughout the year to reduce the condition.
Botox and migraines
Nowadays, it’s starting to be used to dull the pain associated with migraines, and even to prevent the beginning of one. This condition can affect any individual in different ways, it will depend on several factors, but it normally can cause a hard pain and change the general development of the daily activities because of the constant pulse on the brain. Botox is gaining fame as a way to control this condition.
Botox can be used in many different ways, not just for the beauty aspect. Many conditions associated with skin and others are being treated with this solution. Find the best professionals in town and check all the information that they provide before going under treatment, remember that every organism is different and you can react in unknown ways to it.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Pregnancy is a state where women face so many changes requiring care and precautions to be healthy and allow normal development of the baby. The doctor will give you a long list of do’s and don’ts to follow for the next few months, but most likely, it will be about food, drinks, physical activities, and surroundings. Beauty products haven’t been considered as important, until recent years.
Nowadays, these are being taken into consideration because the composition of some chemicals have tested harmful for the baby and for you. For your safety, you should avoid products containing any of the following ingredients. Look at them closely and find a substitute.
Ingredients to avoid during pregnancy
This list is created to provide a helpful guide to use when you are looking for beauty products; that way your routines and beauty care won’t be affected during this wonderful time of your life.
- Retinoids: these are present in the acne and anti-aging products, under the following names: retinyl palmitate, retinoic acid, isotretinoin, adapalene, retinaldehyde, tazarotene, and tretinoin. Doctors recommend not to get pregnant under the use of those products, or if you are planning to. However, if you got pregnant cut the application immediately.
- Phthalates: this is used in products like perfumes and nail polish to increase the effect of other chemicals in their formulas. Products with phthalates are associated with health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and bad fetal development. So next time look for products phthalates-free when you want a new perfume or nail polish.
- Formaldehyde: speaking about nail polish, this one can be found in many different brands. Others, like hair straightening treatments and eyelashes glue, also have this in their formulas. You will find the formaldehyde under many labels like quaternium-15, dimethyl-dimethyl (DMDM), 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol (bromopol), and others. Buy only formaldehyde-free products for your house.
- Ammonia: are you in love with dying your hair? Well, many dye hairs have this ingredient as part of their formulas, that is the reason behind the success of many ammonia-free alternatives. Inclusive, you can find many that are using natural ingredients on their components to bring better protection for the hair.
- Dihydroxyacetone: also known as DHA, can be found in spray self-tanners, this one reacts on your skin making it look like a recent tan without getting under the sun. However, the problem is if you inhale the particles; for that reason, forget about the spray tan during the pregnancy.
Source: Mother Nature Network
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Sculpt those facial Curves
One of the most noticeable signs of aging is saggy skin. As we lose collagen, muscle and bone mass, the fundamental structure of the skin becomes affected and shadows and folds form, giving the skin a more tired, aged appearance.
Loss of elasticity is the reflection of what is happening at a deeper level. Therefore, it is necessary to address the different factors involved in order to achieve a good result.
There are a variety of options out there to improve skin firmness, some more invasive than others, many very effective indeed.
Through the years I have worked with different modalities and one that has always shown great benefits is micro-current. Yes, it takes a few more treatments compared to more aggressive methods but it definitely delivers reliable, fantastic results. Within micro-current devices there are big differences too. One of the main obstacles for a good micro-current treatment is the skin itself, it blocks the current to penetrate evenly and work its magic.
If you are looking for a modality that gives you a natural, realistic result without going under the knife or other treatments like IPL or laser treatments that rely on thermal damage, the KineLift program can be a good option for you. It offers you a safer, non-invasive, yet effective approach.
The Kinelift non-surgical face lift treatment is a technologically advanced program to help restore facial contours and achieve a more lifted appearance of the skin.
Designed to control the aging process by stimulating the fundamental layers of the skin.
The treatment consists of 3 phases integrated within the same treatment :
Kinelase, Kinelift and Kinesone.
This is accomplished through:
3 forms of Bio Kinetic energy
- Low intensity coherent Light Energy combined with Impulsed Micro-currents
- LED light Photo therapy at 640 nm in combination with modulated micro-currents
- Ultrasonic energy
This non-invasive method produces a three-dimensional facial stimulation that targets age-related problems improving muscle tone, collagen stimulation and ATP production to address the signs of aging.
The Kinelase function combines Low-Level Coherent Red Light along with Impulsed Micro-currents focusing on the stimulation of acupoints to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
KineLift Micro-currents match the natural bio-electrical currents found in the body restoring facial contours and a lifting result. Kinelift electrodes are exclusive to Silhouet-Tone. Scientifically designed to allow even and comfortable distribution of the currents which adapt to each individual skin type for a successful treatment every time.
The red-light range generates a wave of energy that stimulates photo-receptors in the skin to encourage a cellular response increasing collagen production by 500% activating repair mechanisms and stimulating cells to regenerate. It also speeds up the healing process by carrying more oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
Ultrasound. Produces 3 million vibrations per second.
Delivers an energizing cellular micro-massage that creates instant oxygenation of the deep layers of the skin while allowing the penetration of active nutrients and antioxidants to combat the effects of free radicals, resulting in a more luminous vibrant complexion.
What to expect from the treatment:
- Plumped lines and wrinkles
- Improved hydration
- More sculpted facial contours
- Increased skin elasticity
- Muscles look more toned & lifted
- Texture & pores look more refined
- Slowing down the aging process
How many sessions are recommended:
Everyone skin is different. Factors like lifestyle and genetics will determine the number of treatments required.
Most clients see noticeable results from the first treatment and the benefits of just one treatment will continue for at least 3 months. However, to achieve a more lifted appearance and to be able to re-educate and sculpt the muscles for a more long term result, a few more sessions may be required.
What is the cost on the KineLift Multi-layered micro-current treatment?
Single session $135
6 Sessions $650
Thank you for being here.
Until next time,