Tea tree oil is a new trend that is taking by surprise everybody, but do you know exactly what is it? This substance is an essential oil that is being used as an alternative to many traditional skin treatments; but it has other uses like mouthwash, repellent, and even deodorant. It also has benefits for hair and nails!
To get the best tea tree oil, you must buy one that is 100% natural. The Latin name Melaleuca alternifolia and the origin must be impressed on the label. Besides that, try to buy it from a very known brand or store, to be secure about the precedence, because like all the essential oils, it can produce terrible results if it is from an unknown source or mix it with other components.
Tea tree oil benefits for the skin
There are many benefits for the skin that this oil can provide, it is used in a wide range of lesions and conditions; some of them are:
- Dry skin: perfect for soothing dry skin, reducing itching and irritation, and hydrating the cells. It also has shown incredible results for the treatment of eczema. The best way to do it, it is to mix a few drops of the oil into a moisturizer and apply it to the affected areas right after the shower, better if it is twice per day.
- Oily skin: it helps to control and reduce oily skin. It can sound strange, but the antiseptic properties of the tea tree oil can start to reduce the production of grease on the face and other parts. Just add a little bit to the toner, moisturizer or sunscreen that you use and use it every day.
- Itchy skin: there is no worse sensation than }itchy skin, but this condition can lead to terrible infections. With the anti-inflammatory properties of the oil, the sensation and any infection can be treated. Just use your normal moisturizer mixed with a few drops of the tea tree oil, and apply it several times a day in the affected zone.
- Wounds and cuts: it contains antibacterial properties perfect for a better and quick recovery of any wound and cut. These tend to hurt and be uncomfortable, but combining the oil with the wound ointment cream can help you to a full healing.
- Acne: tea tree oil is one the preferred treatments for acne, because of the anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties it can reduce redness, swelling, and clogged pores. Besides that, it can help to reduce the scars and start to contributes to the curing process. Try to combine all the acne products of your treatment with some drops of the oil and start to observe results.
- Never apply it directly on your skin, its components are so strong that it can damage your body. Dilute it with a neutral option like coconut or almond oil. The mix between them must be 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil with 12 drops of the neutral oil.
- Be careful with the sensitive areas like eyes, mouth, and nose. Especially the eyes. It can cause irritation and swelling.
- Like every skin product, try it first on a small part of the body like the hands to observe any bad reaction to it.
The tea tree oil is an excellent addition to your skincare products. Be very careful when using it; just buy the best natural products.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Removing makeup before going to bed is essential for your skin health, and it is a must that you should comply in your routine. It can look like an impossible task, because of the many responsibilities that you have at home, after work. But taking care of yourself needs to be your top priority.
Of course, you have been hearing that sleeping with makeup on is a terrible thing to do, but do you truly know why? This article will provide you with all the reasons and the best way to do it.
Reasons to remove your makeup before going to bed
Sleeping with makeup on can be chaotic for your skin. Every woman loves to have a beautiful face; however, for laziness and tiredness, we tend not to fulfill the nighttime beauty routine, in which removing chemical products is the most important part.
It can be terrible for the skin, leading to the feared breakouts. Because all the products and their components mix with the dirt and sweating accumulate during the day, so the pores clogged and ending with breakout and places hardly to concealed.
Dry complexion in the morning
It is unfortunate for the complexion if you don’t refresh your face after the long day hours because the foundation, powder, and eye makeup can stick to the body, letting lines and creases appear, besides starting the day with a dry and dull skin that will need several days to recover.
An older look
The purpose of wearing makeup is to look younger and fresh. However, if you sleep with it on, the effort put into buying products and tools to have the best appearance can be forgotten, because the next morning your face will be awful and it will take time to recover the previous state. So, please take care of your face making every night your beauty routine and get rid of the makeup, dirt, and sweat.
Ways to remove makeup easily
There are a couple of options to remove products when you feel tired and can barely keep your eyes open.
Makeup remover wipes: this is the easiest way to remove it in just a few minutes; these wipes are so good that they can take off even the waterproof options. Keep them on your bag for quick cleaning if you need to change or arrange the makeup at work. Just try to close the pack well so they won’t dry.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Cleansing oil: this is the new trend because oil attracts oil and many of the makeup products have oily components, especially the ones for the eyes. Apply a few drops on a cotton pad and use it on your body; the makeup will be lift from your skin. After that use the regular cleanser and wash your face quickly.
Micellar water: this is the new favorite cleanser, coming directly from France. Micellar water is an option composed of tiny micelles, that are oil molecules in water that remove makeup, dirt, and grease but at the same time clean and hydrate the skin. Just use a cotton pad with the products and wipe all your face, with the eyes just leave for a few seconds and remove.
Removing the makeup before sleep is important to look young, healthy, and fresh every morning even with messy hair. Remember: having a nighttime beauty routine can be the difference in your look because it can provide you with a natural and gorgeous appearance.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Non-comedogenic products are the best skincare and makeup products, but maybe this term is something new for you. In this article, I will explain to you what it means and the advantages of their use.
What is the meaning for non-comedogenic?
This term is the fancy way to explain that some products won’t cause comedones, which are pore blockages that result in acne or blackheads. A product that is labeled as non-comedogenic is supposed to contain ingredients that do not clog pores. Nowadays, many skincare and cosmetics products are produced this way to prevent any harm to the body.
There is a comedogenicity scale that will indicate the level of the ingredient from 0 to 5; if you detect that several components in your products are labeled 4 or 5 in this measurement system, stop using them. Options between 1 and 3 are good to use, but this will depend on your skin. Remember that you must know your body before trying a new product.
To understand the scale, follow this guideline:
- Several alternatives with oil that has a comedogenic rating of 0 are labeled as non-comedogenic, normally they won’t clog your pores.
- Oil rated as a 1 signifies a slight chance that it will clog your pores.
- A comedogenic product rating of 2 still indicates that it won’t clog pores; but for some people with sensitive skin, these products may do it.
- The rating of 3 is where a lot of people will break out using skincare items with comedogenic ingredients, but others won’t have problems with them.
- Options rating of 4 suggests that MOST users will have pores clogged using them unless they have a good tolerance for it. But, as usual, there are many factors involved in this.
- A comedogenic rating of 5 is a component that will block your pores, and few people can’t tolerate them. They are included in many choices, so you must be very attentive on what you are using.
Why should you use non-comedogenic products?
If your body is too sensitive and delicate, better to look out for non-comedogenic items; this will ensure a healthy skin acne-free. Also, pay attention to the ingredients of your favorite products, maybe you will need to change them. Moisturizing and skin-soothing ingredients like jojoba oil, squalane, and allantoin are perfect examples of non-comedogenic components, so next time you will be going for new skincare purchases check the ones with those indications.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
A hydrated skin is the perfect way to show that you are a healthy person, but for so many reasons sometimes the largest organ of the body does not get the correct hydrating or moisturizing, which are not the same. There are no differences between men and women when you are talking about skin; both will need care and treatments, so today I will show some tips to get hydrated skin.
Difference between hydrating and moisturizing
Both treatments are entirely different; products are called hydrators and moisturizers, hence for them the primary objective is to help the skin, to get the necessary water to avoid the dryness and dehydration. However to reach this goal they use different ways, showing why the skin sometimes needs both treatments.
- Hydrating: it refers to the water that is contained in the cells, allowing them to show a healthy look on the skin. If the cells reduce the level of water, it is going to start the dehydration process. Hydrators work by giving water to the cells while helping the skin to absorb moisture and nutrients.
- Moisturizing: the products for moisture have the single job of helping the skin create the protecting barrier by trapping nutrients and moisture. This barrier will prevent water loss and will give a healthy, soft and smooth look to the skin.
Now that you know the difference, you must understand how your skin looks to choose the best treatment or if you will need both of them.
Tips to get a hydrated skin
With the difference clarified, let’s get to the tips on how to maintain a hydrated skin. Are you ready to give your skin a new look?
- Practice the exfoliation to prepare the skin for better hydration or moisture by removing the dead cells, that way the nutrients and water will be absorbed without problems.
- Use serums with the correct ingredients to increase the skin hydration such as hyaluronic acid, Sodium PCA, Panthenol, aloe, glycerin, among others.
- Start to love the moisturizing creams because they seal the serums hydration, thanks to containing lipids like ceramides and fatty acids; just remember to use the right one for your skin type.
- You can also make use of intensive treatments such as facials; these will give another look to the skin while using natural ingredients.
- Drink enough water. Many of us don’t drink water in the right way; it isn’t about drinking liquids; you must drink plenty of water to get the correct hydration.
- Have a balanced diet rich in minerals like omegas, especially omega 3.
As you can see, having a healthy and hydrated skin is not a difficult task; with healthy habits and effort your skin will feel soft, smooth, and most important, hydrated. Give your skin the same care like the rest of your body.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Many women have a beauty routine and the face becomes one of the most precious parts. The products that you would use on it must be made of the best ingredients; however, many of us don’t pay attention to the labels, only to brands. Besides, in many products expensive doesn’t mean better.
So, today I give you seven reasons to check the ingredients on the facial merchandise that you are using or are thinking to buy. Don’t fall into the spell of the big marketing campaigns from the exclusive brands, find the ones according to your style and needs.
Seven reasons to check the ingredients of your beauty products
- Expiration date: every item will show you a symbol that shows the period after opening (PAO), date to be aware of because it will indicate for how many months you can use it. But there are several ingredients that depending on the climate conditions can degenerate quickly. Expired products are highly dangerous.
- Sunscreen protection: In the morning routine, sunscreen protection is a must. Checking the ingredients will indicate you the type of sunscreen included in the products. Keep this in mind especially if you live in a sunny place.
- Natural or synthetic ingredients: many natural alternatives claim to only use ingredients easily found in nature; but in reality, they can contain synthetic options that may affect your skin in harmful ways. Read carefully the ingredient list.
- Research: try to do a search the different components that you read on labels, especially those that are unpronounceable. Knowing their names and what they do, will provide an easy background when you are buying new merchandise.
- You skin condition: because we possess different skin types, you must understand how yours can react to the different products. Besides, some are made specifically for every type, and the ingredients can change.
- Not falling for fancy-named brands: keep in mind that ingredients are used in all brands, so often the expensive ones don’t offer major differences, so spending money on these will not guarantee the best care for your face.
- Artisanal products: when looking for natural ingredients in facial care it would be a good choice to check local stores offering handmade products. They will give you all the information about the components, for your knowledge.
Knowing the ingredients of the facial products can help you to have control of what you apply to your body. So take care of yourself and start to change your beauty routines to have beautiful and healthy skin.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Botox is an injectable solution that helps to relax the muscles of the face, neck, and even hands, allowing the partial elimination of wrinkles resulted from aging and other factors.
However, even with all the information about Botox, there are few things that you may not know.
So, if you are planning to go under this procedure, it’s better to know all the different options that it offers because reducing the look of wrinkles is just one of its uses. Are you ready?
Five things to know about Botox
Botox can change the way of your smile
A smile can turn you into a different person and cause people to be more open for interactions. But sometimes your smile can show too much, including your gums, making you self-conscious. There are some botox treatments for this gummy smile that will allow you to show your full smile without worries.
Do you want a heart-shaped face?
The heart-shaped face is considered one of the most feminine looks. But every person has a different face shape, and if you possess a strong jawline that gives you a masculine touch, with a couple of botox sessions, your jawline can slim down to show a softer look on your face and even a heart-shaped one!
Botox helps with the muscles longevity
Muscles need exercises to be healthy and in good condition. However, minor muscles like the ones on the face are highly used with every expression you make, and that is one of the main causes of wrinkles. When treatments are implemented regularly, the time between each session will be longer, and the face will have a more relaxed look. Just remember to never go under treatment if the mandatory period of rest hasn’t finished.
Problems with sweating? Botox will solve them!
There is a condition known as hyperhidrosis that causes excessive sweating, and it can be an awkward situation because the sweat can present in different parts of your body accompanied with bad odor, besides being embarrassing. Botox is an effective way to reduce the amount of sweating by injecting the solution right on the affected area; usually, this is localized under the arms. You may need several sessions distributed throughout the year to reduce the condition.
Botox and migraines
Nowadays, it’s starting to be used to dull the pain associated with migraines, and even to prevent the beginning of one. This condition can affect any individual in different ways, it will depend on several factors, but it normally can cause a hard pain and change the general development of the daily activities because of the constant pulse on the brain. Botox is gaining fame as a way to control this condition.
Botox can be used in many different ways, not just for the beauty aspect. Many conditions associated with skin and others are being treated with this solution. Find the best professionals in town and check all the information that they provide before going under treatment, remember that every organism is different and you can react in unknown ways to it.
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Pregnancy is a state where women face so many changes requiring care and precautions to be healthy and allow normal development of the baby. The doctor will give you a long list of do’s and don’ts to follow for the next few months, but most likely, it will be about food, drinks, physical activities, and surroundings. Beauty products haven’t been considered as important, until recent years.
Nowadays, these are being taken into consideration because the composition of some chemicals have tested harmful for the baby and for you. For your safety, you should avoid products containing any of the following ingredients. Look at them closely and find a substitute.
Ingredients to avoid during pregnancy
This list is created to provide a helpful guide to use when you are looking for beauty products; that way your routines and beauty care won’t be affected during this wonderful time of your life.
- Retinoids: these are present in the acne and anti-aging products, under the following names: retinyl palmitate, retinoic acid, isotretinoin, adapalene, retinaldehyde, tazarotene, and tretinoin. Doctors recommend not to get pregnant under the use of those products, or if you are planning to. However, if you got pregnant cut the application immediately.
- Phthalates: this is used in products like perfumes and nail polish to increase the effect of other chemicals in their formulas. Products with phthalates are associated with health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and bad fetal development. So next time look for products phthalates-free when you want a new perfume or nail polish.
- Formaldehyde: speaking about nail polish, this one can be found in many different brands. Others, like hair straightening treatments and eyelashes glue, also have this in their formulas. You will find the formaldehyde under many labels like quaternium-15, dimethyl-dimethyl (DMDM), 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol (bromopol), and others. Buy only formaldehyde-free products for your house.
- Ammonia: are you in love with dying your hair? Well, many dye hairs have this ingredient as part of their formulas, that is the reason behind the success of many ammonia-free alternatives. Inclusive, you can find many that are using natural ingredients on their components to bring better protection for the hair.
- Dihydroxyacetone: also known as DHA, can be found in spray self-tanners, this one reacts on your skin making it look like a recent tan without getting under the sun. However, the problem is if you inhale the particles; for that reason, forget about the spray tan during the pregnancy.
Source: Mother Nature Network
Facebook: Dora Salazar
Sculpt those facial Curves
One of the most noticeable signs of aging is saggy skin. As we lose collagen, muscle and bone mass, the fundamental structure of the skin becomes affected and shadows and folds form, giving the skin a more tired, aged appearance.
Loss of elasticity is the reflection of what is happening at a deeper level. Therefore, it is necessary to address the different factors involved in order to achieve a good result.
There are a variety of options out there to improve skin firmness, some more invasive than others, many very effective indeed.
Through the years I have worked with different modalities and one that has always shown great benefits is micro-current. Yes, it takes a few more treatments compared to more aggressive methods but it definitely delivers reliable, fantastic results. Within micro-current devices there are big differences too. One of the main obstacles for a good micro-current treatment is the skin itself, it blocks the current to penetrate evenly and work its magic.
If you are looking for a modality that gives you a natural, realistic result without going under the knife or other treatments like IPL or laser treatments that rely on thermal damage, the KineLift program can be a good option for you. It offers you a safer, non-invasive, yet effective approach.
The Kinelift non-surgical face lift treatment is a technologically advanced program to help restore facial contours and achieve a more lifted appearance of the skin.
Designed to control the aging process by stimulating the fundamental layers of the skin.
The treatment consists of 3 phases integrated within the same treatment :
Kinelase, Kinelift and Kinesone.
This is accomplished through:
3 forms of Bio Kinetic energy
- Low intensity coherent Light Energy combined with Impulsed Micro-currents
- LED light Photo therapy at 640 nm in combination with modulated micro-currents
- Ultrasonic energy
This non-invasive method produces a three-dimensional facial stimulation that targets age-related problems improving muscle tone, collagen stimulation and ATP production to address the signs of aging.
The Kinelase function combines Low-Level Coherent Red Light along with Impulsed Micro-currents focusing on the stimulation of acupoints to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
KineLift Micro-currents match the natural bio-electrical currents found in the body restoring facial contours and a lifting result. Kinelift electrodes are exclusive to Silhouet-Tone. Scientifically designed to allow even and comfortable distribution of the currents which adapt to each individual skin type for a successful treatment every time.
The red-light range generates a wave of energy that stimulates photo-receptors in the skin to encourage a cellular response increasing collagen production by 500% activating repair mechanisms and stimulating cells to regenerate. It also speeds up the healing process by carrying more oxygen and nutrients to the skin.
Ultrasound. Produces 3 million vibrations per second.
Delivers an energizing cellular micro-massage that creates instant oxygenation of the deep layers of the skin while allowing the penetration of active nutrients and antioxidants to combat the effects of free radicals, resulting in a more luminous vibrant complexion.
What to expect from the treatment:
- Plumped lines and wrinkles
- Improved hydration
- More sculpted facial contours
- Increased skin elasticity
- Muscles look more toned & lifted
- Texture & pores look more refined
- Slowing down the aging process
How many sessions are recommended:
Everyone skin is different. Factors like lifestyle and genetics will determine the number of treatments required.
Most clients see noticeable results from the first treatment and the benefits of just one treatment will continue for at least 3 months. However, to achieve a more lifted appearance and to be able to re-educate and sculpt the muscles for a more long term result, a few more sessions may be required.
What is the cost on the KineLift Multi-layered micro-current treatment?
Single session $135
6 Sessions $650
Thank you for being here.
Until next time,
Not all bugs are bad, some even keep you healthy and looking younger…
Have you heard or seeing this term lately ?
— I bet you have…
It has become a very trendy word nowadays, although the subject was first brought up over 70 years ago by dermatologists Stokes and Pillsbury. They established the hypothesis of the connection between the gastrointestinal mechanism and skin conditions.
The human microbiome comprehends the army of micro-organisms living on and in the human body. It plays a very important role and a vital part in our immune system, nutrition, metabolism and on the barrier function of the skin. It is directly affected by genetics and lifestyle choices which is why people respond differently to infections and illnesses.
The skin reflects what is happening inside our body. Imbalances are shown often as inflammatory conditions such as eczema or rashes.
It can also exacerbate or trigger an onset occurrence of rosacea and acne.
The root of many skin issues relies on the “microbiome.”
In our society the word “cleanliness” has been taken to the extreme, where we are obsessed and surrounded by chemicals that not only destroy dangerous pathogenic bacteria but also good bacteria, many of those chemicals can be absorbed by the skin and affect the environment of our gut, giving place to systemic inflammation.
Another common culprit of gut disturbances is the over use of antibiotics . Every time we take antibiotics we are changing the environment in our gut, and if good bacteria is not replaced once the antibiotics are finished, this can create a space for fungi to over grow initiating other health issues such as yeast infections for example.
A good round of probiotics is a good idea to reestablish a healthy flora once you have finished with the antibiotic treatment, always under the approval and recommendation of your health professional.
Balancing the micro-flora brings many benefits to our health and skin like:
- Reduction of oxidative stress
- Better absorption of nutrients
- Healthy glycemic levels
- Improvement of lipids that protect the skin
- Even influence our mood and state of mind.
So how to give your microbiome a healthy boost?
Increase Fiber rich foods in your diet
Eat more fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains and seeds.
They all contain high amounts of fiber which serves as fuel for good bacteria helping to maintain a healthy micro-flora.
Avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners and processed foods
These reduce gut diversity and increase inflammation.
Eat fermented foods containing live cultures of good bacteria
Great choices are Yogurt, kefir and kombucha
Avoid taking antibiotics unless very necessary
As mentioned previously, antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria leaving the gut vulnerable to disturbances which in turn can affect the immune system and the skin.
Have more contact with Mother Nature
Do some gardening and outdoor activities. This will help you have a broader diversity of gut flora which can strengthen your defenses.
Having peace of mind and taking control of your emotions contribute to a more stable and healthy microbiome leading to better health and fortifying the skin’s protective barrier and improving inflammatory skin conditions such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea etc.
Thank you for being here.
Until next time.
Do you feel overwhelmed and confused with all the options out there promising to make you look younger?
HEALTHY TIPS, SKIN CARE, SKIN TREATMENTS…..
You are not alone!
Many people feel the same frustration. Knowledge is key to understand what works best for you.
You have the power to reset your body to be healthy and look better than ever.
Aging is inevitable, but how you age is a choice solely determined by YOU and the decisions you make in your daily life.
It’s never too late to take control and implement an integral approach to aging.
It will have a substantial impact in your life. Nourishing the body with proper nutrition, selecting the appropriate skincare and treatments cannot only slow down but even reverse the aging process and give you a complete rejuvenation effect.
Discover a new way to aging and how incorporating key skincare ingredients, good nutrition and healthy lifestyle habits will bring incredible changes to your SKIN and overall WELL-BEING.
As a professional, I will guide you through the saturated noise of “anti-aging” and share with you curated information and all my secrets and essential tools to help you feel wonderful and look years younger.
MEET OUR GUEST SPEAKER
Beat STRESS, feel RENEWED, take years off your face
Stress is a silent enemy already considered for most as part of the modern world. It is the culprit of many illnesses and one of the most important causes of aging.
Andrea is an expert in the topic and counts with a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology. She will be sharing wonderful tips and techniques that you can apply daily to ease stress and maintain a healthy state of mind.
I am a Paramedical Aesthetician, Beauty professional and a firm believer in living a Healthy lifestyle.
I have practiced aesthetics for over 22 years, working with renowned dermatologists, plastic surgeons and as a business owner helping people achieve “healthy, younger looking skin.”
But besides understanding the skin changes from the view of a professional; as a 48 year old woman, I perfectly understand what you may be going through when it comes to aging, because I am also facing the same challenges. The prevalent signs of aging skin affect everyone sooner or later.
BEAUTY IS NOT ABOUT BEING PERFECT BUT ENHANCING WHAT WE HAVE AND LETTING IT SHINE THROUGH!
That’s why I want to guide you through the saturated world of cosmetics and inspire you to make good choices for a younger looking SKIN, healthy living and overall well-being.
Fully bilingual English/ Spanish. Born in New Jersey USA with Costa Rican roots.
Worked the Aesthetics field in the dermatological arena as a Lead Aesthetician for 10 years; thereafter, as a business owner, Aesthetics educator, product developer, Spa and Aesthetics Consultant and recently as the Founder of Zkin Fix Skincare.
Licensed in the State of Florida as:
Skincare Specialist, Cosmetologist, Electrologist, Massage and body Therapist.
Degrees in Health Science with emphasis in Skin Care and a second Degree in Industrial Management.
Advanced education in Medical Aesthetics, Laser Technologies & Holistic Nutrition.
LET’S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
Join me on January 24th, 2019
at Workshops 360
8690 Biscayne Blvd #3,
Miami, FL 33138
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT
***HURRY LIMITED AVAILABILITY
What are my parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is Free Parking in the Plaza.